Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chewy Junior Donut-Puffs from Bugis Junction

Chewy Junior Donut-Puffs from Bugis Junction.
Is it a donut or is it a puff?
ANS: It's a chewy donut with delicious light fluffy cream in the centre!

The texture is really unique! It's CHEWY! It's like eating a chewy dough with light cream in the centre. The cream is very good, like those fresh cream texture..similar to the Papa Beard puff's cream filling. And it costs only $1.30 each, box of 6 for $7! (Papa Beard's puff costs $2 plus for one right? I can buy 2 of these!)

Eat it fresh, and it tastes better! Or chill it, and u have light chilled cream bursting out when u bite into it! My favourite flavour is DOUBLE CHOCOLATE (as seen in the picture!)

I think the first outlet is at Tanjong Pagar..and it got famous with many newspaper reviews. U can get it now at Bugis Junction. I heard that Bugis Junction outlet's puffs tastes better(as the boss is always there). I don't know as I always buy from Bugis...never buy from Tanjong Pagar before. Quality wise is reasonably consistent. Only complaint is that the cream seems to be a little lesser than the time when I first tried it. 

TASTE: 4 to 4.5/5 (I can't think of a substitute for it? I don't see other shops offering such chewy donuts puffs! Unique products get bonus pts!)
VALUE: 4/5 (It's only $1+ each! Really worth it!)
VERDICT: MUST TRY!  

Go try it!

I think they should pay me for writing such a good review for them. 

No comments: