Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shokudo at Raffles City

Photobucket
On Thurs after my lessons, I went to have dinner with my my cousin and a friend! At Shokudo at Raffles City. Shokudo is like a Japanese version of Marche in Vivocity(Or Village in Heeren), which u get a card when u enter the restaurant. There are many many stations offering different dishes inside, and you order what u want and pass them your card. You pay only after you finish your meal and pass the card to the cashier. 

At the front of the picture, is the Pork Asparagus Stick ($2.50++). 
TASTE: 3/5 (Plain and dry, ordinary)
VALUE: 3.5/5 (Not too expensive, can try if you want)

Behind it is actually Japanese Omelette with Cuttlefish Flakes ($3.50++). The picture doesn't justify the omelette, it looks much better in real life. It's really thick and juicy, mixed with the mayonnaise and flakes, yummy! It's similar to those egg you see on top of sushi, but tastier and juicier...$3.50 is reasonable too! 
TASTE: 4/5 (Yummy!)
VALUE: 4/5 ($3.50 only! Worth it!)


Photobucket
Ebi & Bacon Wasabi Mayo Cheese Pizza ($8.80++)! The crust is biscuit-thin, and I really mean those super thin biscuit. I didn't really like it...the cheese is too little, and I don't like Wasabi taste. The portion is quite small, a bit expensive ($10+ aft service charge & gst)...
TASTE: 3/5 (Pretty plain and boring)
VALUE: 3/5 (Expensive for such a thin and small pizza)

Photobucket
Mentaiko Omu Fried Rice ($8.80++). I didn't order this dish, my friend did. I tried a little, tastes pretty good! Fried rice is fluffy and fragrant, specially 'tanpanyaki-fried' by the chef only when we placed the order. 
TASTE: 4/5 (Very good according to 2 of my friends.)
VALUE: 4/5 (Not too ex)

My bill came to $17.40 (Pizza+PorkStick+Omelette...high protein low carb)...quite ex.
But considering that it is/has...
1) Situated in prime area
2) Lavish decor 
3) Large variety of Japanese food
4) New/Innovative concept (There's even Neoprint machines inside the restaurant!)
WOULD I GO BACK AGAIN? : Yes. Will try the other dishes next time!

OVERALL TASTE: 3.5/5 (If you are looking for really good Jap food, go to other restaurants.)
VALUE: 3.5/5 (OK considering it's a restaurant in prime location)
This is not a place to looking for the best tasting Japanese food. But it has a large and interesting variety. Great if you are a large group of people, or in a family. Take a neoprint after your meal! It's good to have a new dining experience sometimes...(but not everytime)...



 

No comments: